RH2+ Steam Humidifiers
RH2+ Whole-House Electrode Steam Humidifiers are a cost-effective, long-term solution that can make a major difference in your health and comfort.
- Improved health benefits
- More comfort in colder months
- Better environment for wood floors, furnishings, plants
- Quiet, convenient, and efficient operation
- Portable humidifiers may be good for a room or two yet are not practical for uniform whole-house humidification. Portable humidifier reservoirs need to be manually filled several times a day. The RH2+ whole-house humidifier taps into your home’s waterline for a continuous water supply and utilizes your homes central heating system to evenly maintain the optimum humidity level throughout your home all winter long.
- The RH2+ humidifier is one of the healthiest, most efficient, and lowest maintenance humidifiers available today.
- Unlike other humidifiers, there is no water reservoir that allow scale to build-up. Scale can be a breeding ground for microorganisms that can release into the air in your home. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). some types of humidifiers such as ultrasonic, impeller, and evaporative humidifiers can disperse microorganisms and minerals, from their water tanks into indoor air unless they are cleaned regularly.
- Maintenance is a breeze with the RH2+ and its patented replaceable cylinder design. There’s no messy clean-up of slimy, stale water in a reservoir. The RH2+ collects scale and minerals in its cylinder that is replaced annually, or semi-annually, depending on local water conditions.
- Installation requires only a potable water supply, water drainage and 110-240V power. The RH2+ features a quiet drain valve and includes a flexible steam hose kit and stainless-steel steam distributor to put pure, atmospheric steam into the ductwork.
- Quiet drain valve for ultra-quiet operation
- Stainless-steel distributor for clean, sterile steam humidification.
- Self-generating electrode type steam humidifier producing atmospheric steam inside a plastic cylinder without the use of immersion type electric heating elements.
- Easy maintenance using disposable cylinders that typically last one to two years depending on water.
- Auto-adaptive technology adapts to changing water conditions.
- Automatic fill and drain cycles.
- Improves comfort and health.
- Reduces static electricity.
- Optional Temperature Sensor (duct or outdoor mount) reads outdoor temp and resets humidity control setpoint to prevent condensation on windows.
Improve Overall Health for Family and Home
- The RH2+ electrode steam humidifier helps prevent colds, flu, sore throats, dry skin, frizzy hair, and other respiratory issues. Good humidity levels help control the spread of viruses and other micro-organisms.
- Wood floors, plaster, wallpaper, paint, furniture, musical instruments, and even electronics will perform better and last longer in a properly humidified environment.
How it Works
An electrode steam humidifier is an isothermal humidifier which generates electrons to heat water. The technology uses water’s conductivity for electrical resistance. The flow of electric current and the volume of steam generated is determined by the surface area of electrodes and their immersion depth. Electrodes with large surface areas provide a place for water hardeners to settle. The hardeners crystallize onto the electrodes and act as additional insulators. As the cylinder slowly fills with scale and minerals, the water level gradually rises to provide the necessary current consumption as electrode surface area gradually becomes smaller. When the cylinder is full, an indicator light on the unit will flash to indicate 72 hours of service life remaining and that it’s time to replace the cylinder.
All scale and mineral sediment is deposited into the cylinder which is easily changed and discarded. Cylinder replacement requires no special tools and can be done in a few minutes. A light on the unit indicates when the cylinder needs replacement. Installation requires only a potable water supply, water drainage and 110-240V power. Units can be mounted for direct room or duct distribution.